Rescue Spa is all about skincare – in fact, you might just say we’re a little bit obsessed. From inside to out, we are passionate about taking care of your body and your mind in order to take care of your skin. We believe you should smile frequently, sleep soundly, eat well, and glow often. Follow our 9-step skincare system and you’ll be fielding compliments in no time.
A Great Skincare Routine:
- Cleanse: “Any good skincare regime begins with proper cleansing. I advise everyone to develop a cleansing ritual, which will serve as the necessary foundation of good skincare. Without it, you simply cannot achieve healthy, beautiful skin. Everyone can benefit from using a mild cleanser like Biologique Recherche Lait U. ” –Danuta Mieloch, Rescue Spa Founder
- Tone and Exfoliate: “A cult favorite, Biologique Recherche’s P50 1970 is a magic potion that does it all. It exfoliates, hydrates and balances the pH of the skin and it’s a prep step before any skincare. For those of you who prefer granule exfoliators over acidic formulas, opt for Valmont Face Scrub and massage gently into skin to slough off that layer of dead skin cells.” – DM
- Treat: “Using retinols such as Environ Retinol 1 through 3 will gradually introduce your skin to medical grade Vitamin A, which is the building block of collagen. When combined with Vitamin C, the two are the key ingredients to regeneration and anti-aging. The antioxidants, peptides and protein-rich serums & creams found in the Environ Retinols give you excellent nutrition that skin needs.” – DM
- Plump, lift and hydrate: “Serums are the most potent elixirs, lighter in texture with deeper penetration than creams, and they are great for replenishing. They can also extend the life of injectables by replenishing moisture on the outer layer. For this effect, Valmont Polyfactor Repair III serum is absolutely amazing as is Biologique Recherche Serum 3R.” – DM
- Moisturize:“All skin types need hydration and a moisturizer. Even for those with oily skin, we suggest a purifying & balancing moisturizer such as Creme Dermopurifiante. A good moisturizer shields and protects your skin from harmful daily aggressors to keep it young and supple. It’s like wearing stockings in the winter; very sheer yet protective. Don’t forget to use eye cream and moisturize your entire body, too.” – DM
Hydrate: Drinking water and other liquids often and throughout your day is the best way to keep your body and skin hydrated and supple. Hydrated skin is more elastic and plump, but dehydrated skin is more likely to crack and let in irritants that can cause blemishes. Green juices, which are packed with fruits and vegetables, are a great way to hydrate. You can also recreate the delicious infused waters we offer at Rescue Spa at home; just add lemon and lime or cucumber and mint to your water and enjoy.
Breathe: Oxygen, of course, is crucial to our health and well being. Consciously deep breathing for just a few minutes a day allows our stresses to float away and re-energizes the body. And when we are feeling serene and energized, our skin reflects our inner calm.
Exercise: Not only does exercise make our bodies look and feel good, but it has numerous benefits for our skin as well. When you exercise, your body releases feel-good chemicals called endorphins, which triggers a positive feeling in the brain, reducing feelings of stress that can be harmful to the skin. Exercise also increases blood flow, bringing much needed oxygen to skin cells. Whether you enjoy long runs, calming walks around the block, lifting weights at the gym or chanting “ohm” with your fellow yogis, find a way to get active every day.
Eat Well: A healthy, wholesome diet is a key component to looking your best. Eat fresh, complex fruits and vegetables full of vitamins and nutrients and leave behind processed foods and refined sugars. To achieve glowing, happy skin, add foods rich in protein and healthy fatty acids to your diet. Avocado, berries, olive oil, salmon and nuts will all help protect and fortify skin tissue.
Sleep Well: Anyone with an addiction to the snooze button can tell you how important a good night’s sleep is. When we’re well rested, everything feels better: our mood, our health, our energy levels and our skin. The National Sleep Foundation recommends that adults get at least 7 hours of sleep each night. To fall asleep fast and stay asleep longer, make sure to unplug from all of your devices –phones, tablets, e-Readers and all – an hour before bedtime.
Beware of the Sun: Our number one beauty secret? Staying conscious of the sun. Of course, excessive sun exposure is dangerous, but the jury is still out on how much sun we all need to get a sufficient amount of Vitamin D. Just like plants, humans need sun to stay happy and healthy. Rescue suggests spending 10 to 15 minutes of fun in the sun a day and protecting yourself with sunscreen if you plan for longer exposure.
Everything in Moderation: This is Rescue’s anti-aging mantra. From how much you eat to how often you exercise, everything should be done in moderation, not to the extreme. This also applies to your skincare regimen. How often you receive laser treatments, facials, injectables and plastic surgery should all be in moderation as well. It’s always best to keep your routine as simple as possible.
Live: Feeling your best requires living a full life. Make time for the things you love to do, like inviting friends over for dinner, learning new things or crossing a far-flung location off your travel bucket list. Be present every day and live in the moment. Audrey Hepburn said, “The happiest girls are the prettiest girls.” Self-confidence and self-esteem should be a part of your regular beauty routine. Smiling every day will help you believe in yourself and relieve your stress.
Here at Rescue Spa we truly believe that skincare is a lifestyle. To ensure that your skin is always looking and feeling its best, you must take care of yourself inside and out. At Rescue we have a simple and easy 9-step approach to beauty that is not only good for your skin – it’s good for your health.